Please take a moment to read our most Frequently Asked Questions. Give us a call if you have additional questions and to book your appointment with Dr Kinnane at (310) 373-9739.
Does acupuncture hurt?
No, acupuncture should not hurt. A momentary prick is often felt around the needle as it is inserted, eventually creating a dull pressure or tingling around the area during the treatment. Most people are amazed by how relaxed they feel during and after the treatment. This can only occur if the treatment is comfortable and gentle.
Is acupuncture safe?
As long as it is performed by a competent practitioner, acupuncture is extremely safe. Acupuncturists are required to use disposable needles that are discarded after one use.
What conditions are treated with acupuncture?
- Digestive disorders
- Chronic pain
- Weak immunity
- Menstrual cramps
- Menopausal symptoms
- Stress management
Does insurance cover acupuncture?
Torrance Healing Arts will gladly give you a ‘superbill’ to submit for insurance reimbursement. There are a few plans that cover acupuncture. The best companies for acupuncture coverage are Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and United Healthcare. Be sure to call your insurance provider to verify benefits, or you can contact our clinic at (310) 373-9739 and we’ll be happy to call for you.
Torrance Healing Arts has worked with many workers compensation patients. A doctor referral is necessary for acupuncture treatment for workers comp.
What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash, check, VISA and MasterCard are the accepted forms of payment.
How many treatments will I need?
This is unique to the individual. For most chronic conditions, 5-7 treatments on a weekly basis tends to offer the best outcome. Some people notice an immediate improvement in their health while for others acupuncture tends to have a cumulative effect over several visits.
Does the clinic offer Chinese herbs? If so, what kind?
Yes, we have an extensive Chinese herbal pharmacy that consists primarily of patent herbal formulas that come as granulated capsules or tablets. The clinic also offers customized herbal powdered blends.
What else has our clinic had success in treating?
- Immune Weakness
- Menstrual Cramps
- Digestive Imbalances
- Chronic Fatigue
- Heart Palpitations
- And Much More!
What Sets Our Clinic Apart From Other Chinese Medical Practitioners?
- Dennis has had his own clinic in Torrance for over 20 years and has also taught at SAMRA University, the South Bay Adult School, the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Wellness Community and still gives lectures on herbal medicine, acupuncture and natural healing around Southern California. He has also appeared on radio and had his own radio show on internet radio titled “Alternating Currents”
- A comprehensive diagnosis is clearly communicated to you
- We love what we do and are devoted to top quality patient care.
- We take our time with you: 1.5 hours in the first visit and 60 minute follow-ups.
- We educate you about what’s wrong, why and how it can be healed according to Chinese medical principles.
- When you get acupuncture treatments, at no extra charge, we give nutritional counseling, herbal consulting, cupping, moxibustion, and shiatsu as needed.
- All of our herbs are GMP certified, safe and effective.
- You can speak to Dennis, the owner of Torrance Healing Arts, directly about your needs.
- Your treatment is personally tailored to your needs. Many acupuncturists use the same protocols on all of their patients. At Torrance Healing Arts, your treatment specifically reflects your unique individual dynamics.
- Evening appointments are available.